Just like in any home, our Sundays here at Bahay Kalipay usually mean really good meals 🙂
Most of it is to do with the fact that on Sundays we have our raw food demos. Either our resident raw food chef Daniw Arrazola or the highly experienced kitchen staff show the guests how to make this or that dish at home. Raw food is something they want you to take away from your stay here in one way or another and if you can make at least one, that’s already a start.
This Sunday’s demo was of avocado stuffed with refried beans 🙂
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup of refried beans (see what’s ahead)
- 2 tbsp. cashew sour cream
- 1 tbsp. Alfredo sauce (see what’s ahead)
- 8 sundried tomato halves (soaked)
- 1 cup pumpkin seads
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro or coriander
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cumin poder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 cups macademia nuts (soaked for 2 hours or more) or 2 cups young cocunt
- 1 cup of water
- 1 T. nutritional yeast
- 1 T. light miso
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 T. onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- High mineral salt (if you want more flavor)
For the avocado
- To assemble, cut avocado in half lengthwise.
- Top each half two tablespoons of refried beans rolled into a ball.
- Drizzle each half with cashew sour cream and alfredo sauce. Service with a side salad.
For refried beans
- Process ingredients in a food processor.
For alfredo sauce
- Blend ingredients together until smooth. Season to taste.
- Serve over veggie pasta.
I’m a certified avocado lover so, this was reaaaallyy heaven for me 🙂 Try it and enjoy! For more raw food goodness, come visit.
If you want to know what it’s like here just go to their site, or search the #bahaykalipay tag on Instagram. I’ve also been posting a picture a day of my stay here on my own Instagram account, check it out if you’re curious 🙂